Another Sample Recipe from Cooking TLC, Vol. II
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup sugar-free syrup (any flavor desired)
- 1 tsp. vanilla or other extract/flavorings
- and/or 5 Tb. cocoa powder (optional)
- and/or 1/4 cup nut butter (optional)
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup vital wheat gluten (for best texture, but if you eat gluten-free, then use all oat flour instead)
- 1 cup protein powder (any flavor desired, see link for suggestion and review nutritional panel, your choice needs to be similar to match recipe carb count)
- 2 tsp. baking soda (1-2/3 tsp. @ high altitude)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or grease very well and dust with protein powder.
Whip mayonnaise, sugar free syrup, and liquid flavorings, if using, until smooth.
Sprinkle cocoa powder (if using) over top of mixture, followed by remaining dry ingredients. Blend until smooth.
Divide into 32 small mounds. (I like to use a disposable pastry bag to pipe the batter out, but you can spoon out dollops, too.)
Bake 8-10 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool briefly before filling.
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 2 Tb. hot water
- 1 cup granular Splenda™
- 1-2 tsp. vanilla extract or other flavoring
- 2 Tb. cream
While batter is baking, beat cream cheese on low until smooth.
Slowly add remaining ingredients, then beat on high speed until fluffy, scraping sides as needed.
Spread flat side of one mini-cake with generous amount of filling, then top with an additional cake.
Wrap each sandwich individually in plastic wrap and refrigerate. They won’t last long, and do freeze well. You just may find that half of one of these at a time is plenty.
16 servings – per each: 359 cal, 29 g fat (6 g sat), 9 g carb (1 g fiber), 9 g protein
COPYRIGHT 2003, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED